Monday 31 July 2017

Eton E1: Radio Nacional de Guinea Ecuatorial 6250 kHz, Malabo, superb music

Hi there, the first outing on the channel for the Eton E1.....supposedly the best portable ever produced - and certainly the only one with the all-round performance to challenge the legendary Sony ICF-2001D/2010. When I first copied Malabo a couple of nights ago, the local QRM around 6250 kHz was pretty bad with the Wellbrook in the garden and it's still there in this recording, but the E1 still produces strong, clear recovered audio. I have to say, the music they're playing from Malabo is absolutely superb. If I knew what some of it was I'd be downloading it from iTunes. 

I can already tell from this recording that the E1 is a very special radio, there's no doubt about that. However, to test it's full capabilities requires a trip to the woods. Until then, I've a couple more reception videos from the shack. 

Recorded in Oxford UK on 29/07/17 at 00:40 hrs UTC using a Wellbrook ALA1530 outdoors. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment