Thursday 6 September 2018

Crossing the Irish Sea from Dublin to Holyhead on the MV Ulysses RORO ferry

Hi there, prior to this trip - and on the basis that I can't remember the the ferry I took back in the late 1980s from Holyhead to Dún Laoghaire - this is by far the largest ship I've ever been on. When I was a kid we used to take the Brittany Ferries 'Armorique' to Santander...but I just read that ship caught fire off Java on 4 July 2011 and sank the next day. Sad to read that old news - we were always excited to spend 24 hours rolling around on the high seas - despite the often bad weather in the Bay of Biscay! Nothing so eventful on this trip - although I was suprised to still be able to sea Ireland (Howth Head) from about 2/3 the way across the Irish Sea....no phone signal but I did have GPS!

Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment