Monday 4 September 2017

Radio Tarma Internacional 4774.9 kHz Peru, copied with Eton E1 and Sony ...

Hi there, this is sort of an indoor reception because it was recorded in my shack, but I guess it should be regarded as outdoors because the Wellbrook ALA1530 active loop antenna was in the garden shed! Certainly better signals from Radio Tarma have been copied and recorded on my DXpeditions, however, this reception at home was really pleasing. Comparing the reception of the Eton and Sony is unavoidable - and having just read the comments from Marcos and had another listen, I actually don't think the Eton beats the Sony at all - there's very little in it. I'm planning comprehensive testing out in the woods, to properly determine the performance of E1 and ICF-2001D receivers, using DX signals in a very quiet environment. Should be really interesting.

Recorded in Oxford UK on 07/08/17 at
01:22 hrs UTC. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment