Wednesday 15 November 2017

My best reception of TR1 Watan Radio 279 kHz, Turkmenistan; with Perseus...

Hi there, in a very kind gesture, my buddy Dan Goldfarb offered me his Perseus SDR because he wanted to see it in action with some 'performance' antennas - and of course I was very grateful indeed to accept. Having got it up and running very quickly yesterday on my Windows 10 laptop, I checked out LW to kick things off. Now, despite having almost no experience with the Perseus, it became very obvious, very quickly that this is a superb receiver. Here is easily my best reception of TR1 Watan Radio, Turkmenistan....and it was about the first signal I tuned into. Prior to this, I did recently copy this station at home in the shack with the Eladf FDM DUO, however, the recovered audio was much weaker. This bodes very well and of course I'm looking forward to further testing.

Recorded in Oxford UK on 15/11/17 at
01:22 hrs UTC. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment