Tuesday 27 March 2018

Comparing the SDRPlay RSP1A with the XHDATA D-808 receiver on a MW induc...

Hi there, following a very short debate on my channel regarding how well an SDR (without an internal ferrite antenna) compares with a portable reciever when coupled to an induction loop, I decided to carry out a quick test. In my limited experience, all of my portables are peforming better than my RSP1A SDR and I assume that's because they benefit from an enhancement of performance from the existing ferrite antenna. The RSP1A donesn't have this advantage and so , with a signal you might copy with a portable, utilising inductive coupling, you might not necessarily hear it at all on an SDR, using a pick-up loop. In this instance I've used the transatlantic MW signal from VOCM in St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. Their signal can be clearly heard on the portable, but only a trace of a carrier on the RSP1A. Let me know your views.

No comments:

Post a Comment