Sunday 7 May 2017

Bonito MegActive MA305 USB powered antenna: unboxing and first impressions

Hi there, most of you will know that 4 months ago I purchased a Bonito Boni Whip and have since then managed to demonstrate how it's a brilliant E-field antenna for DXpeditions - and anywhere quiet, where a compact form-factor is required. There are many reception videos on this channel using the Boni Whip and it's been very nice to hear that some subscribers have noted their intentions to purchase one. 

I was so impressed with it that I wrote an article on SWLing Post, including reception videos to essentially prove it's DXing credentials and was subsequently contacted by Dennis Walter of Bonito. Dennis asked if it was ok for him to post my article on the Bonito Newsroom page on their website, which of course I happy to agree to. He also asked whether I'd be interested in receiving other Bonito antennas for testing/ reviewing and sharing the results with our radio fraternity. I gladly agreed to his suggestion and here is the first antenna - the MegActiv MA305. 

Whilst similar in specification to the Boni Whip. the MA305 has a slightly wider bandwidth. longer radiating element and rather brilliantly can operate as low as 5V, thus enabling it to be powered via a USB power bank (supplied) for several days! I will be taking the MA305 out on DXpeditions soon and recording reception videos. All will be uploaded to this channel and a report/s uploaded to SWLing Post. In the meantime I wish you all great DX. Thanks for watching.

https://hamradioshop.net/en/Antennas/...

No comments:

Post a Comment