Tuesday 2 May 2017

Sangean ATS-909x unboxing and first impressions, with a quick spin aroun...

Hi there, my good friend Tom Brogan recommended that I buy this radio because a) it's of very high quality build b) excellent audio and c) he believed I could demonstrate what it's really capable of with the Wellbrook ALA1530 and my various longwire antenna configurations. I'd been putting off buying one because I already have lots of radios and the 909x is pretty expensive - around £250 new in the UK. However, I came across one on eBay recently and managed to bag it for more than £100 below the usual selling price. It had been used once and was (accurately) described as in as-new condition. I've always thought this radio was one of the best examples of industrial design in a shortwave radio ever - it's certainly a nice object to have on the coffee table or in your shack. When Tom recommends a radio, I always listen because he knows his stuff - it was he that suggested I buy the Sony ICF-SW100 and the Tecsun PL-310ET. The rest, as they say, is history and the reception videos proving he was correct are on this channel. Anyway, here are my first impressions of the Sangean. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment