Tuesday 30 January 2018

Leaking Duracell Plus battery stuck in my Eton E1...

Hi there, this is actually partially my fault. I bought this radio off eBay and when it arrived in the original box, minus some of the proper packing and a manual, I simply loaded it with D Cell batteries and got on with it. Little did I know there was already a single battery stuck inside and had probably been there for years - well I know it's been there for more than a year because I've owned this radio since before last Christmas. I should have downloaded a copy of the manual and read it first lol. Anyway, I only discovered the problem when a couple of nights ago I switched on - and zilch. All the other three batteries measured at just above 1.5V, so they were all fine. Suspecting corrosion or a loose wire, I took the receiver apart to discover a rather messy battery compartment and a sorry looking Duracell Plus D cell which has clearly been leaking for a long while. What's really annoying though (apart from my stupidity lol) is that the previous owner who sold me this receiver must have known a battery was stuck inside and yet he simply sold it to me anyway. Oh well, you live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment