Monday 1 January 2018

Unboxing the Tecsun PL-880: my next travel companion to South America

Hi there, after three visits to Brazil in the past year, of which the last two I had the brilliant Eton Satellit to accompany me, I decided it was time to make a change for my next trip in 2018. As I think I explained in another of my recent videos, travelling and DXing in South America is a privilege really and an opportunity I always want to make the most of. Therefore, I need the best possible portable radio with me. I consider the Eton and this radio to be the best on the market and so this was the only option. Whilst the SYNC on this radio is a disappointment, it's ability to handle and large antenna is a big positive and of course it's renowned to be incredibly sensitive - as many of you guys know first-hand. I'm very much looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Thanks for watching and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment