Tuesday 15 May 2018

Radio Aparecida 6134.897 kHz, Brazil, first reception at home on 49 m BC...

Hi there, quite amazingly, this is my first reception of Radio Aparecida at home on the 49 metre broadcast band (with audio) since Christmas 2016. A rare catch indeed. I had to actually check their transmission with a live feed on the internet as their signal has shifted about 300 Hz since I last copied them. I recognised the Portuguese, but they were almost dead on the frequency used by Radio Santa Cruz. Fortunately other DXers have also recorded this shift in frequency.


Previously my loop would have been in the shack. These days it's lives permanently in the garden shed - and benefits from the addition of a Bonito GI300 Galvanic Isolator. Great to hear this rarely heard station again.

No comments:

Post a Comment