Saturday 26 May 2018

SDRPlay RSPduo: comparing two antennas simultaneously, in real time

Hi there, the new RSPduo makes it possible for me to not only monitor two signals at either end of the radio spectrum - from LW to 2 GHz, it also allows the direct comparison of antennas in real time, Here, using the signal from RRI on the 19 metre broadcast band, I'm comparing the Wellbrook ALA1530 magnetic loop and the Bonito Boni Whip in my office at work. It's a bit of an unfair test because the E-field Boni Whip is not designed to operate within an electrically noisy office environment, however, it performs very well - particularly when you consider it costs less than a 1/3 of the price of a Wellbrook loop. Note that I'm still using my travel laptop, so everything is a bit squashed on the 13" screen.

Recorded in Oxford UK on 25/05/18 at 15 29 hrs UTC. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment