Wednesday 15 August 2018

My HF ham radio set up: Icom IC-756 transceiver, MFJ-949E and wideband v...

Hi there my HF ham radio career was aborted when I discovered that using my Elad FDM Duo as a transeiver was more fiddly than writing a book wearing boxing gloves. Having finally got to grips with it, I found that no one could hear me using my MP1 Super Antenna mounted on a tripod up the garden lol. Saying that, with the induction coil tuning arrangement, the SWR was superb on any band. Basically it was a case of not enough power (less than 5 Watts) and not enough height. So, now I've decided to do things properly. I bought the Icom from a radio-friend of mine so-to-speak. I won't say who, but if he wishes to reveal himself, he can do so! The MFJ was bought at the same time as the Super Antenna, which I'm now eyeing up for a DXpedition.

Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment