Thursday 8 November 2018

The Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World...26 quid off eBay

Hi there, I was thinking a few days ago, trying to figure out whether my interest in maps developed before radio. Eventually I realised that radio came first. I remember one evening, when I was probably 6 or 7 years old, being allowed to stay up late and tuning my Mums radio through MW. I clearly remember hearing lots of foreign voices and at the time thought that was pretty amazing! Maps came later on in my early teens - partly due to my studying Geography 'O' Level lol. Of course, any radio enthusiast is very likely to be into maps and atlases don't come much better than The Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World. They cost £150 new, or at least they did. I picked up a 12th edition for £26 off eBay. The publication is now in it's 15th edition, but not much in the world has changed since my copy was published. My advice: get hold of one - the maps are simply superb.

Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment