Tuesday 20 November 2018

FT8 decodes in the jungle of Rio Capim using an SDRPlay RSP DUO and Mega...

Hi there, as some of you might have seen, I was slightly underwhelmed at the decodes from my hotel in Belém. That all changed when I got out here to the jungle and went off on a DXpedition, which was spent in the jungle, but from the safety of my truck, with the windows and doors closed lol (once I had set up the MegaLoop FX ourside though! Here the decodes were coming through thick and fast, from the USA, Colombia, Portugal, Kazakhstan, Uruguay, Asian Russia, Oman etc. Great to demonstrate the effectiveness of FT8 as a potentially low-power narrow band transmission in a completely different part of the world to my QTH!

Recorded on 12/11/18 at
02:31 hrs UTC. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment