Wednesday 11 January 2017

Bonito Boni whip versus Wellbrook ALA1530 test #7 winner: Wellbrook (7 wins out of 7)

Hi there, this is the final test comparing these two antennas in my noise-laden shack, using the Afia Darfur signal on 9510 kHz, from Santa Maria di Galeria, Rome, Italy. Once again, reasonable reception on the Wellbrook with an audio bandwidth filter of 6.6 kHz and a signal pushing over S9. However, once the whip is connected, the noise floor increases by more than 10 Decibels and the signal almost dissapears under the blanket of amplified noise. So it's 7 wins out of 7 for the Wellbrook, but I'm not giving up. For the next test, I'm interested to see how the whip performs against a 30 metre piece of wire slung around the garden - a less than ideal arrangement I used for some time before I purchased the Wellbrook. Then finally I'm going to take them both out to the woods and run another comparison. I must reiterate that I really want the Boni whip to prove itself an excellent performer in a quiet environment, because that would give me an excellent, very portable antenna to use on DXpeditions. Thanks for watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment