Wednesday 4 January 2017

Sony ICF-SW77 vs ICF-SW55 vs Tecsun PL-310ET: ABC Northern Territories 4835 kHz

Hi there, I mentioned some time ago that I would be testing the Sony ICF-SW77 against the ICF-SW55, having read a review suggesting the original price delta on the SW777 might not be justified, because performance was closely matched with the SW55. I have a lot of experience with the SW55 - it was the mainstay receiver of my Dx'peditions for about a year, until the ICF-2001D took over. The audio bandwidth filters are excellent and of course, it's very sensitve - one of the best ever 'paperback book sized' portables. To mix things up a little and because it's performance has been way beyond my expectations, I threw the PL-310ET into the mix. You would expect it to be nowhere against these two classics, but again, it's relative performance surprised me. Here is a signal from ABC Northern Territories - the first 3-way comparison. Recorded in Oxford UK on 18/12/16 at 17:27 hrs UTC using a 75 metre longwire. Thanks for watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment