Sunday 8 January 2017

MW DXing with 200 metre Beverage: CFTR Toronto News Talk 680 KHz

Hi there, this is presumed, but I think it very likely the source is indeed CTFR Toronto. I've heard them a couple of times previously, but not for more than a year, so if I'm right, this is a very pleasing catch. I've never copied anything else from the Americas on this frequency by the way. WRKO and WPTF are other potential candidates for this frequency as they are either on or relatively close to the East Coast and TX at 50 KW. Perhaps someone with better ears than me can hear a clue to the identification....too many years of listening to heavy rock for me lol. All I can hear is Donald and Hillary arguing - it was the night of the second presendential debate. Recorded in Oxford UK on 10/1016 at 02:00 hrs UTC using an Elad FDM DUO. Thanks for watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment