Tuesday 27 June 2017

Technics ST-X301L tuner and Cambridge Audio A5 amplifer for FM DXing

Hi there, all this FM DXing got me thinking about my Hi Fi gear in the loft (along with a box containing 100s of CDs....what a waste of money lol). I'm up-to-date with music access technology these days - everything is on my iPhone 7 and laptop. It's not the same as physical music, but that's the way of the world . Back to my Hi Fi gear though - I fished out my Technics MW/LW/FM tuner and one of my amplifiers - the Cambridge Audio A5. This amp had pretty good reviews back in the day - priced for the general Hi Fi market, but with enthusiast levels of performance apparently. I think the Technics tuner is pretty standard, but Technics were always a pretty good brand back in the day. Obvously there's no OIRT band coverage - it only tunes down to the standard 87.5 MHz, however, it'll be nice to catch some DX when a convenient opening presents itself. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment