Thursday 8 February 2018

Harwell Amateur Radio Society Wednesday night net on 70 cm repeater GB3DI

Hi there, this is my Ham club's recently arranged Wednesday night net on GB3DI, just finishing up and signing off. I managed to copy them from 14 miles away as it happens (I had guessed 20 miles during the recording of another video). I was using my Baofeng GT3 MKII transceiver which at about 35 quid is such good value for money. It was coupled to a colinear antenna that was built for me by a very nice chap who actually works for me - and happens to be a radio ham himself G1ZMA. A top bloke. My QTH is a bit too far away to participate in the conversation, but I might try to have another go tonight with the same antenna set a little higher off the ground.

More on this to come, along with a recording of most of my second-ever QSO lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment