Thursday 9 March 2017

Pleased to confirm that despite reports to the contrary, RN Amazonia are...


Hi there, before I left for Brazil, I noticed that Radio Nacional Amazonia were no longer present on 6180 kHz and hadn't been for a few days. Further reports from DXers have been circulating to that affect also. I was discussing this with my good friend and DX fellow Senderjaeger and at his suggestion, I agreed to check 6180 kHz. Here is that reception video which confirms Radio Nacional Brasilia are indeed still on-air, but with what appears to be reduced TX power (normally reported to be 250 kW, but with a higher overall power towards Europe). For the purposes of comparison and to approximately gauge their power output, during the video I tune into 4885 kHz Rádio Clube do Pará, a more local station, but with a reported TX power of only 2 kW. Take a look and let me know your thoughts. Recorded in Barcarena, Northern Brazil on 07/03/17 at 22:24 hrs UTC using an Eton Satellit. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment