Monday 22 October 2018

FT8 decodes using the SDRPlay RSPDUO and Wellbrook ALA1530 magnetic loop...

Hi there, I've been constantly amazed at how far my 5W and 10W signals on FT8 have propagated and successfully decoded. Thus far my signal via the SE-X80 wideband vertical have been heard/decoded in New Zealand and Tasmania. Not bad going lol.

Here one evening after work, I started WSJT-X and GridTracker and watched the signals coming into Oxford with my Wellbrook loop indoors, near a window. Quite amazing to see what I presume are low-power signals from the USA being decoded. That presumption might be incorrect of course as I read somewhere that one North American operator sometimes uses 400 Watts TX power on FT8!! Maybe that should read WTF!!!!

Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment